Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ice crystals on Gorgeous Gorge

Carol, the dairy owner, said she forgot that Friday was the day before rifle season start and went to the grocery store. It was chaos w/ lots of out-of-town men - who didn't know where anything was - trying to get supplies for their hunting shacks. I felt I had made a better choice by waiting until today to get my Thanksgiving Day supplies. There were still lots of people everywhere. One lady stopped me and pointed to a bin labeled "Yams" and asked the difference between them and sweet potatoes. I said I didn't know. "Well," she said, "They are a different price." I asked what her recipe called for. She shrugged and said, "It probably doesn't matter which one I use." Maybe once you smother anything w/ melted marshmallows it tastes the same.

No comments: