Sunday, October 06, 2013

Sunlit trees

Another warm spell. Yesterday there was lightening along w/ the rain. Aunt June and I took a stroll outside the Nursing Home and I wore a t-shirt on the walk through the woods today. I'm not sure I've ever gotten this far into October w/o taking off the window screens, changing to flannel sheets, or turning on the heat in the house. My brother said he'd given in this weekend and turned on his heat. I reminded him that according to the rules of the game, turning your heat on for a day or so doesn't count. Everyone is allowed a "test" of their heating system. If he turned off his heat now, he still hadn't officially turned it on yet for the season. Next week is forecast to be in the 70' again. Think it's too late for it to be Indian Summer, maybe it's global warming.

No comments: