Saturday, October 26, 2013

Just after sunset

My brother called this morning and told me about a party given by our cousin. He said they had Juicy Lucys (hamburgers w/ cheese sealed inside). That brought to mind the Juicy Lucys I'd get at a hole-in-the-wall place when I lived in the Big City. I was suddenly craving one as if I'd just seen a commercial. I had everything I needed on hand except for hamburger buns. Figured I could bake fresh buns for these wonderful hamburgers. To me, it wasn't any deterrent that I've never made a Juicy Lucy nor hamburger buns before. Tonight I dined on a handmade Juicy Lucy, a warm-out-of-the-oven bun, and a side of tomato and red pepper soup. Yummy. Of course, things didn't go quite that perfectly. The soup was good but I only needed to warm that up from the can. The rolls were a bit big and flat. Think I need more practice in rolling up the dough. The Juicy Lucy bled some of the cheese into the frying pan. One hamburger would have sufficed but I made two. Indy scarfed down the extra. Not too bad for my first try but I'm definitely over my craving.

No comments: