Saturday, October 19, 2013

Juniper berries

Went shopping at Trader Joe's and the new Peoples Co Op.  Picked up naan, masala curry, lentil soup, and some other delicacies.  I used the opportunity to indulge my craving for Indian food since there aren't any restaurants in the area.  It was suggested that if I was wanted Indian food, I should learn how to cook it myself.  Actually, not such a bad idea since I can order the spices over the Internet. After all, just because I can't cook American food doesn't mean I'm equally inept at other cuisines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penzey's sells Juniper berries! Dried; they are a good seasoning for venison,pheasant, wild goose and rabbit. "It gives the meat a pleasant tartness and reduces the wild flavor of these meats."

By this picture, it looks like you could have a lifetime supply already.
Rebecca