Thursday, September 12, 2013

New England Aster

My over-the-hood microwave is not working. That is to say, it works but only at about 1/2 power. I had a repair man in today who first told me I should check out new microwave prices so I would know if I want the repair done. Ominous start. He figured out that some part had blown and told me the price for the fix. There were lots of things at play in my mind. (1) The microwave isn't that old ...well ... eight years. When you get to be my age, time seems to go really fast. (2) I absolutely hate the idea of just throwing away things because some tiny part needs to be replaced (even when it costs a small fortune to do so.) (3) Sure a brand new microwave would only cost $100 more than the fix but I'd need to add in the cost of shipping it plus installation. Decided to go w/ the fix. Next time the microwave has a problem, though, it's toast.

No comments: