Monday, September 02, 2013

Bunchberries

The plumber had told me earlier this year that he would recommend I clean out the sewer filter yearly. Since he hadn't put in the filter initially because he didn't think anyone would do multiple loads of clothes every Saturday - and - when he put in a filter had assured me that it would be self-cleaning (only to have it plug up within two years), I decided to go above and beyond his recommendation and clean it out twice a year - Labor Day and Memorial Day. I also vowed that because I have to lean over the open underground vault of the sewer system, to never do it if someone else wasn't around. Phil & Brent are here now. I warned them what I was about to do and if they heard a splash to come and get me out. Turned out to be a fairly quick operation and I should be good to go (so to speak) for another six months.

No comments: