Friday, September 20, 2013

A little fall color

A pretty afternoon - sunny, puffy clouds, brisk wind, cool temps. I hefted my camera case over my shoulder. On the walk, the soft case rides comfortably across my back end. Walked past the gorge, along the edge of a hay field, onto a path through the tall grass, and up through the woods. We were turning towards home when I felt one of the camera case's zipper pulls snag on my jean's back belt loop. Also, something was climbing up the inside of my pants leg. Ooh. The logical thing to do would be to drop trou so I could see to unhook the case and find out what was climbing up my leg (and at my knee now). However, I'd just passed one of my nephew's critter cams and had no idea how many others might be posted here and there. The camera case issue could wait until I got home and my jeans were boot cut so whatever was in them had now stopped mid-thigh. (I told myself that it was just some dried grass.) Once inside the house I shucked the jeans and worked the zipper pull loose. Oh yes, I also released the grasshopper unharmed.

No comments: