Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ruby Meadowhawk dragonfly (female)

Indy and I had crossed over into my neighbor's portion of the swamp when I found three bear track in a sandy spot. It had rained this morning so I knew these tracks were very fresh. As we walked on along the path, I started talking out loud to Indy. She turned her head and gave me a look that said, "I love you but shut up. You are scaring away any appetizers." I kept up the chatter until the trail crossed back onto my land and I breathed a sigh of relief. Now I'm sure no bear would recognize there was any boundary. However, to me, if I was attacked before it would have been the neighbor's bear but on this side of the fence it would be "my bear". Why that should make me feel better, I have no idea. Probably one of those psychological things it is best to not over think.

No comments: