Monday, June 10, 2013

Cousin Elizabeth

I ordered a book from the library that was recently published and, from the short blurb on the library entry, sounded promising. I wasn't too far into the book before I found predictable characters. (You know - beautiful, smart woman; handsome, virile man; saintly/sinful priest.) Then the authors started trotting out characters from history which wasn't necessary and became a distraction.   Logic wasn't one of the book's strong points.  For example, after a lot of struggle, the three protaganists find what they are looking for and then go to ask the person who hid it for advice.  Why didn't they just ask this guy in the first place where to find it?  Worst of all, after enduring through a very long book, it just stops: major story lines went no where, nothing was actually resolved, you need to wait for the next book in the series to be published. I'm not a person who likes to be jerked around - even by an author. I got on Amazon and wrote a short, pithy review of what I thought of this book. OK, not exactly a horrible revenge, but I do feel a bit better.

No comments: