Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Red-winged Blackbird

I'm no longer town clerk but I had one last function to perform. Went over to the new clerk's home and turned over the clerk's keys, supplies, and documents. Then we talked until her family began arriving home. I came back to the house feeling like I should celebrate. Indy met me at the door so we took a celebratory walk. Then it was a celebratory meal of mac & cheese. Tonight, think I'll take a celebratory bath before going to bed and dreaming sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful tour of duty as the town clerk. Brought the job into the 21st century (actually from the 19th century), No scandals on your part while in office (at least that I know of), no below the belt campaigning (only because you didn't let Brent and I put our signs up), Stayed in your district most of the time (too much of the time - visit once in a while), listened to your constituents (bent over backwards for them is more like it), and helped get a new town hall (actually designed it) on your watch.

Flip