Monday, March 11, 2013

Snowy morning

There is a small box w/ two buttons attached to the overhead monitors in the milking parlor. If we need to coax the cows from the holding pen into the parlor, we push the top button and it starts up a movable gate behind the cows which slowly creeps forward, herding the cows into the parlor. Once the cows are in the parlor, hitting the second button stops the gate. I reached up to push the button this morning, jumped back, and screamed. The night crew had found a dead mouse somewhere and positioned it atop the small box, head slightly over the top button. I was not amused. Mauricio and Jose worked last night's shift. I spent a little fun time considering the dire things I would do to the pair of them.  One things for certain - that's the end of me bringing in galletas for them.

No comments: