Sunday, March 24, 2013

Moonset

My  friend, Nancy, and I were discussing how the Internet is causing all the ills of the world. (I know, strange discussion for former computer programmers!) There are good things about the Internet, I said. Yesterday, when I realized I no longer had hot water (I think there is something programmed into every machine that they break down only on weekends and holidays.) I went on-line to see what the issue might be. Found out there is a reset button behind a panel and, after turning off the power to the water heater, was able to affect a fix so I could take a shower this morning. Nancy replied that she had had a similar problem but had just read the owner's manual to get the same info. Maybe Google is making me lazy and stupid. A small price to pay for not having to read through a manual, though.

No comments: