Monday, August 20, 2012

"Better than Sex" birthday cake

Brent, Phil, Sheila, Russell, Donna, Anita D. and Doug D. came over for a pizza party to celebrate my turning 60 this year. We had the added bonus of Ezra (age 1) and Bryland (4) who Grandpa and Grandma were watching while the children's parents were on a trip out East. We all had a good time and I thought I had gone to bed early enough. This morning was pretty normal at work though long and I got home just before noon. After work (and a shower) I delivered the final paperwork from the Friday post-election meeting to the county clerk. That's when "I hit the wall". Fortunately Brent was driving.  Once home, I dropped into one of the stuffed chairs, and dropped off immediately. Slept through multiple TV shows. Slept through Brent taking Indy out for a walk. Slept through a delivery man knocking at my door. Woke up just in time to make supper, give Brent his birthday cards and piece of leftover cake to celebrate his birthday. Happy Birthday, Brent!

No comments: