Monday, July 23, 2012

Savannah Sparrow

Around midnight, Indy went tearing out of my bedroom across the house, though the garage, and into her run. She had heard coyotes coming down my driveway. Her mad dash through the house woke up Phil. Indy started barking and Phil, a little groggy, thought she had gotten outside. The surprised coyotes all started yipping at once and took off. Phil woke up Sheila and they tried to call Indy back from running after the coyotes. Of course, once they started calling through the window for her, she just came back through the house. She met them at their bedroom door expecting praise for running off the invaders. They dutifully praised her and went to bed. Indy returned to the foot of my bed.  That's the gist of the story.  I heard it second hand since I slept through the whole thing. 

No comments: