Monday, July 16, 2012

Grape Vine on the Stockade

Immediately after we finish milking at the dairy, we "pump over". I go into the milk room (where the milk is stored and kept cool in a bulk tank) and push buttons that manually force the last remaining milk in the pipelines into the bulk tank. Today, Mike happened to be in the milk room when we finished so he "pumped over". I was just walking in when a gush of milk came over the top of the new tank, dribbling down it's side. I stopped short and looked over at Mike, "That's not good." Mike climbed to the top of the tank to verify but, yes, the brand new huge bulk tank was filled to the brim. Good thing we were done and the milk hauler was due to pick up before the next milking! The plan is to put an alarm in the parlor that rings when the new tank is almost full. When I hear it, I'll have to disconnect the pipeline from the new tank and connect it to the old tank. One more thing for the dairy owners to pay for and have installed. Still, as I've said before, being too productive isn't the worst problem to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this picture. Reminds me of the wedding I just did at a vineyard last Saturday.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Ok, I can leave a comment without all the info they want if I first look at someone else's comment and then comment from there. If I hit the little envelope symbol like I used to it asks for all the info we discussed.

Flip