Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Common Wood-nymph butterfly

Tuesdays are vet check at the dairy. The vet arrives around 9 am and herdsman goes w/ him along w/ someone to keep notes on what he says about the cows he checks. This wasn't a problem when we used to finish milking around 8:30 but the dairy has been adding more cows and now we are still milking by the time the vet comes.  This morning, as the last group of 80 cows moved into the holding pen, Andrew, who had been milking w/ me, suddenly vanished. I assume he went along on vet check. (Petty of me, I suppose, but I would have appreciated just a word that he was leaving.) I was on my own. However it wasn't long before Carol, the dairy owner, appeared, saw I had no help, and pitched in. I know how busy the dairy owners are so was even more appreciative for her help. As an added bonus, we talked while we milked and I got caught up on her latest home renovations.  Funny how fast that last group of cows went.

No comments: