Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bittersweet Nightshade (a/k/a Deadly Nightshade)

Volunteered at the library tonight. One of my duties is to check computer requests for books. If we have the book, I retrieve it, check it into the system, and put it in a mailing bin. Twice a week, a courier picks up our mailing bins to disperse to other libraries and we receive mailing bins filled w/ books our patrons have requested from other sites. The fun part of that is I get to see books other people are requesting. Found a great book on glass mosaic patterns and, tonight, book upon book of quilting patterns along w/ matching stencil patterns, and other "stuff". I can hardly wait until I can check out these books myself. Of course, have to wait until they are returned to our library and then find time to actually do some "fun" stuff. Who knew that retirement would be so busy? 

No comments: