Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Sunrise

The first day of summer turned out to be great. The herdsman actually had a short conversation w/ me this morning. The dairy owners gave me a sack full of cheese - a thank you for the extra work put in getting the parlor clean for the TV ad.  When I got home I was greeted w/ the first daylily flowers of the season. Out on the walk, I realized it might be independence day for a number of the tree swallow fledglings. Lots of birds flying w/o much purpose except that they could and the parents were at the bird house doors coaxing out the ones who were still unsure about leaving home.  A storm hit just as I got into the library for volunteer duty this afternoon.  All of the thunder and lightening meant for a quiet night for me. Not many people go out in the rain just to pick up a book.  Think I'll put off the solstice dance tonight. Save some fun for the second day of summer.

No comments: