Thursday, June 21, 2012

St. John's Wort

It is probably just my imagination. This afternoon I was at the library since they needed a last minute sub. An hour before closing, I was helping a gentleman when I noted a younger man wearing white cutoffs quickly enter the library and turn immediately into the children's section. Strange - but he was probably just going through that way to get to the desks in the back of the library. By closing time everyone had left except for the man in the white cutoffs. I walked back to the desks and stopped short. He wasn't there! I started backtracking, looking through the stacks thinking that he might be searching for a book. I heard a noise from the children's section and cut through. In the back corner of the library in the children's section is a tiered sunken area for story book time. The bottom of this area is about seven feet lower than the main floor of the library and the rocking chair at the bottom was rocking back and forth! I looked toward the front door in time to see the man walking out. Why would anyone be sitting down there in the rocking chair? I remembered then that twice when I had opened up the library on a Saturday the ending door count from Friday night hadn't matched the number on the door counter the next morning. Was it possible that the man had been hoping to spend the night in the library? Like I said... it's probably just my imagination in overdrive. Maybe I'll stop reading mysteries for awhile and start a good book on galactic formation.

No comments: