Sunday, June 03, 2012

Russell blowing out his candles

This Saturday was busy.  Brent, my cousin Paul, and his daughter Molly came early on Saturday.  This weekend was free fishing in the state and Brent & Paul planned on taking advantage of it.  We all went downtown to Katie's to have breakfast and afterwards Molly and I went to volunteer at the library while Brent and Paul went to our uncle and aunts place to do some fishing.  After the library, Molly and I came back to the house so Molly could cut some peonies while I got materials ready for the upcoming election.  Then it was off to see Aunt June to give her the bouquet.   We had sub sandwiches and met the guys.  They had caught wide-mouth bass but released them all.  Molly took off w/ the guys to fish at lakes in the hills while I picked up election materials and delivered them to the Chief Election Inspectors house plus explain the new laws on absentee voters (yes, biggest election year we've had and laws are still in a state of flux!)     Around 6 pm, I was home, the guys and Molly returned,  Russell and Donna arrived, and we had salad & pizzas.  Donna made a cake for Russell's birthday putting a candle for every year on it.  You can see I didn't need a flash for the picture.  Happy Birthday Russell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I counted the candles....looks like 55 of them. (Only 10 more years to Medicare)!!

CJB