Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rainbows

Unless most of the ground is covered by snow, you need a burning permit in order to have an open fire here. Campfires for warming or cooking purposes are the only exception to the rule. Tonight, I started a fire in Ragnarok, roasted wieners on a stick, toasted buns on the grill above the fire, and made s'mores. While I ate, Indy drooled and watched for anything that might drop on the ground. Afterward, I sat looking into fire contemplating if I should feel lonely. Decided if I had to find time to sit and think about it, the answer was probably no. A rainstorm blew in finishing the fire ... and my musings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice rainbow(s)!!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Smores? campfire? dog? Sounds like plenty of company :)
Olivia

Pete said...

Excellent rainbow shots, Susan! I can see the pot of gold (golden field) at the end.