Saturday, June 30, 2012

Library Displays - June and July

I was going to send an e-mail to the Sheriff's department and ask if they were interested in putting in a display at the local library. When I got on-line to the county website though, I noticed the county's recycling program office.  I remembered the state fair has wonderful, informative, and even cute displays about recycling.  So instead I sent an e-mail to the recycling program. They responded that they would be delighted to do a June display since it could promote their "Clean Sweep Day" June 23rd. OK, their display was informative but not exactly the innovative setup I'd seen in other places. Still, it made people aware of the county's recycling programs. This Friday, Recycling took down their display and a neighbor put in her display of "watermelon" for July. I didn't know what to expect and earlier in the week she had asked me if it was OK if she didn't fill up all of the shelves. When I stopped by to see if everything was going smoothly, she had not only filled up the shelves but they had been transformed into a fantastic show of color. While the two displays are very different and each has its merits, it's the July display that makes me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the watermelon display!
We have been eating watermelon, everyday, for a month. It is one of those foods we never get tired of.

CJB

Jordan Journal said...

Government thinking vs. passion-lead thinking! Has your photo group done one yet?