Saturday, June 09, 2012

Bear damage to a white birch


I wanted an early start since the forecast was for 90 degrees today. Watched the sunrise, picked some flowers, drove to a nearby town for breakfast at an all-night diner, shopped at the farmer's market, bopped over to see Aunt June to give her the bouquet of peonies and iris that I had picked, got my mail, and cashed my check.   It was still morning when I arrived back home. Realized that I probably wouldn't need the air-conditioning. The sun rises quickly and stays high this time of year so the overhanging eaves already shaded the windows from direct sunlight. I opened the casement windows to catch the breeze and it stayed quite pleasant in the house for the rest of the day. Indy, Orion, and I sat out on the deck for awhile in the afternoon and, later, just after sunset, Indy and I went for a walk. There is more than one way to beat the heat.

No comments: