Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Kingfisher

I've had it w/ the herdsman's little hissy fits. Ignoring them, as I had done initially didn't seem to work. Yelling back at him when he yelled at me didn't have any affect and I didn't feel good about it. 'Proverbs 15:1 - A soft answer turneth away wrath...' seemed to be an option so I worked on mentally preparing myself. This morning while Jordan and I were in the parlor prepping one side of cows, the herdsman was behind us and up on the opposite return alley loading cows on the other side. I realized that something was going on when I heard him stomp off and slam the door. He must have returned almost immediately because he suddenly was yelling, "How long do I have to stand here! When is one of you going to help me!" Jordan and I both stopped prepping cows and turned to see that he wanted us to coax in a heifer that was balking. We both went to help and I looked up at the herdsman on the platform and in my most soothing voice replied "If you had said something we would have immediately come over." He didn't reply so I don't know if it soothed the herdsman's wrath. Did wonders for mine though!

No comments: