Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Goldthread flower

When I walked into the library tonight for work the librarian greeted me w/ "We've got big problems." The library system is hosted from College Town and they had just lost power. All of the Northwoods libraries using this system were therefore down. The librarian told me to write down the name of anyone wanting to check out a book, their library number, the book they were checking out, the author, and the book's library number. She said not to worry about checking any books back into the library - just put them in a pile and she would check them back in tomorrow when the system was back up (hopefully). Then she left. People were pretty understanding and the system even came back 1/2 hour before closing and I was able to enter all of the info and check in all of the books so the librarian won't have to tomorrow. Came home feeling pretty good. That is until Indy came out to greet me. She had met up w/ a skunk again somehow and she reeked. Well I was on a roll so I ran a bucket of water, added a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, a box of baking soda, and a squirt of dish soap. Indy wasn't happy to lose her "eau de cologne" but it will make sleeping w/ her tonight tolerable.

No comments: