Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Beauty flowers

Just above 50 degrees when I went to work this morning. Then while we were milking the last group of cows, I looked out and there was a blizzard. Still snow in my backyard this afternoon. My peonies have already emerged and I'm a little concerned about how they will handle the freezing weather tonight. Couldn't find Styrofoam cones like my grandmother used to put over her flowers. Couldn't find those water filled plastic domes that are a bit more high-tech. So I took old plastic plant containers and lined them w/ newspapers. These I placed over the emerging stalks tonight and weighted them down. Hopefully my makeshift coverings will be enough to keep the little plants safe tonight. Would dearly love to have peonies for Memorial Day!

No comments: