Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cow Slips

Usual Saturday. Got up to check for a sunrise picture but it was overcast so went back to bed. When I finally woke up again, I dressed and headed downtown to Katie's for breakfast. Then over to visit w/ Aunt June at the Nursing Home. Always best to see her in the morning. She was dressed in light green and dark teal and looked "springy". I stayed until it was time for her brunch and then did some shopping before heading home again. Since the forecast was for rain in the afternoon, Indy and I headed out for a long walk. Checked the sphagnum swamp and found the lady slipper orchids were coming up but not blooming yet. Found other flowers coming up and was gratified to realize that I could recognize them by their leaves even before they bloomed. Once I got back home there were lots of projects to work on so got started. It was already dark when I realized that, even though I had been thinking about it all day, I hadn't yet wished my sister-in-law a happy birthday. Hope you enjoyed the day Joan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to tag along with a friend last weekend to the Orchid Show at New York's Botanical Garden. Nice! Saw plenty of different kinds of Lady Slippers there!
Rebecca