Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rocky (Schipperke)

The webmaster had a training class on how to  update the county's new website today. He invited each of the county's 28 department heads. Because the township uses the county's website to host their documents, he said I could come and get trained in at the same time. The system is pretty much like every other system - you log in, edit your page, upload documents, and publish. It has some idiosyncrasies and I made notes of those. The webmaster gave a interesting and well paced class. Near the end, some of the attendees were asking if they could have a cheat sheet and/or an individual visit from the webmaster at their office.  I was a little dismayed that the head honchos of the county are so un-computer savvy.  On the other hand, I still don't know how to text or twitter so guess I shouldn't be pointing fingers.
A picture from my brother, Phil.

No comments: