Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sunlit fog

Inside the house it was warm but not as warm as where I had set the thermostat.  We had sunny days over Christmas so the bump in solar energy made up for the difference but these last few days have been cloudy and the house was decidedly cool.  Since I have an electric boiler w/ in-floor pipes, I called an electrician first.  He stopped by today, did his thing, and he said everything should be working now.  I'm on off-peak heating so I had to wait until tonight for proof that the problem had been fixed.  In the utility room, I can feel the pipes going into the floor are warm.  My personal test spot - a specific tile at the end of the kitchen counter - feels warm under my stocking feet.  Of course, the most important thing is that  I wake up tomorrow in a warm house - however, these indicators are enough to ease my mind and let me get to sleep tonight. 

No comments: