Thursday, December 22, 2011

Deer and Full Moon

A picture from Gideon's trail cam located in the woods behind my house.                                             After work, I spent the day baking quick breads.  I make them in little pans about 1/4 the size of a regular loaf.  The first batch were Cherry-Walnut and the next Banana-Chocolate Chip.  Then I made a Lemon loaf finishing it off after it came out of the oven w/ a blueberry glaze.  My last batch was Pumpkin-Cranberry.  I now had enough bread for gifts.  As this last batch baked I realized I still had a cup of pumpkin which would likely go to waste.  So I whipped up a pumpkin bread batter. However, just pumpkin bread seemed a little plain compared to all of the other flavor combinations I had made so I threw in a couple of tablespoons of poppy seeds.  Turns out Pumpkin-Poppy Seed bread is quite tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds very yummy!

Rebecca