Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Full Hunter's Moon

"It's better than a stick in the eye" is a term meaning something may not be great but it could be worse.  The phrase, as far as I can tell, originated here in the Northwoods.  On Saturday I actually got a stick in my eye when I was pulling down a deadman and the tree branch rebounded into my face.  It only scratched the cornea but that was enough to give me a red eye and sensitivity to cold and bright lights for the last couple of days.  The eye finally seems to be back to normal and I can report to you that, in fact, most things are better than a stick in the eye.

1 comment:

Sclark73 said...

Susan, I wanted to get ahold of you about a new photo club we started in Rusk County and with all the beautiful photos you are always sharing thought maybe you would be interested. I asked Doug but he forgets. We have a group account on CaptureWisconsin.com I can give you more info if you'd like you can email me chevy_chic_26_1999@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Stacy