Monday, August 15, 2011

Ruffed Grouse

Aunt June was not happy when I visited the Nursing Home on Saturday.  Her eyes filled w/ tears when she saw me and she sniffed, "I feel so confused."  The real problem, as I saw it, was that it was 9 am and neither of us had had a cup of coffee yet.  We went to the food cart in the hallway but they were all out.   Not to be deterred, we snuck into the dining room.  It is locked that early in the morning but the very last door is kept open for employee use.  The cooks there were surprised to see us but more than helpful.  Within moments we were sitting at a table in the deserted dining room, had two cups of steaming fresh coffee, and I was regaling Aunt June w/ stories from this past week.  My life must be very funny because she soon was laughing.  Coffee is a wondrous gift from God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture!
Rebecca

Jordan Journal said...

Agreed!

Anonymous said...

Coffee is indeed a treasure....and so are you!

cjb