Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Stink bug on Nannyberry flowers

It was a 2 fan morning at the dairy. The herdsman even stood on the metal gates and used the jet hoses to spray cold water over the cows in the holding pen to cool them down (the cows were not amused.) After milking, I had finished rinsing the parlor and was just closing the big double garage doors when Eric, the owner, saw me and came over to help. Knowing I prefer colder weather, he asked how I liked today so far. "I considered fainting a few times while we were milking," I replied, "but I was afraid of what would happen to me if I did." Eric said not to worry. "We would just roll you into the manure pit. Takes a while but a body decomposes pretty thoroughly there." Eric is my kinda person.

1 comment:

Jordan Journal said...

Hi Sue, I work in an concrete building without AC I used the same quote today, "I considered fainting a few times while we were milking," "but I was afraid of what would happen to me if I did." The only word I changed was "milking" to teaching. I never thought of hosing them down but might try that tomorrow.