Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cutleaf Toothwort

Got home from work, took  a shower, and looked at the calendar.  Had forgotten that today was Open Book and Board of Review for the township.  Scurried around and found the assessor's bonus check for holding both meetings in the month of May (well worth the money), the form for changes to statements of assessing, and tape recorder.  Then went downtown and picked up a newspaper, a couple of bottles of pop, and some candy bars.  I was set.  Open Book is for 2 hours.  I gave Tom, our assessor, his check and the form.  Then worked on a crossword puzzle.  No one came.  The rest of the town officials showed up for the Board of Review.  I turned on the recorder and the chairman said the Board of Review was beginning and stated the date, time, and attendees.  I shut off the recorder and did another crossword puzzle.   No one came.  The pop and candy kept me going for the next 2 hours until I could again turn on the recorder so the chairman could state, "Board of Review is closed" and go home.  Glad that is over with for another year.

No comments: