Saturday, February 12, 2011

Winter Sunrise

Indy did something strange this morning.  We went out for her morning constitutional and admired the starry sky.   1/2 hour later we went outside again to check on the brightening eastern horizon.  The USNO website gave me the exact time of sunrise so I knew I had 15 minutes yet before sunrise.  I sat down at my computer and started doing some work.  Was surprised later when Indy laid her muzzle on my leg and started whimpering.  She doesn't do that unless she needs to go outside.  "I've got work to do, we'll be going out soon." I told her.  Her response was just to whimper more loudly.  I checked the time and raced outside to just catch the sun as it came over the horizon.  Anyone who has stayed overnight at my house, knows that I am always watching for the sunrise on weekends and Indy goes out w/ me as I take pictures.  Do you suppose she knew sunrise was imminent and we needed to get outside?  -or- Am I acting like parents whose child says "goo" and they sing praises about their tot's precociousness?

1 comment:

Brent said...

Just one more trick in Indy's repertoire.