Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Rice Creek in winter

A different kind of day. Mike was back at the dairy so things went much more smoothly than they have for the last week. It isn't so much that Mike does anything special, but I can count on him doing his job and therefore I can do mine. Got home to a flurry of e-mails between the state & the clerks. The state sent out a "High Priority" e-mail announcing the retirement of the head of the elections board. I had replied that when I worked for Honeywell if a CEO, the head of a division, or even when I left (ha), it hadn't rated a "High Priority" type e-mail. Other clerks had also sent e-mails complaining (and had done a reply-all so everyone saw them). However, turns out the state is staffed w/ idiots so I didn't participate in further e-mails (though I'm considering sending all future e-mails as "High Priority"). Indy started barking so I went to the front door and saw a road crew cutting down all of the trees along the road. Those trees however are on my land. I couldn't save the mountain ash since they were already cut but think I got to them before they took out all of the lilacs. They told me they were taking down trees that shade the road. All of the trees & shrubs were deciduous and don't have leaves in the winter so I'm questioning just how "shady" they were. I used the mountain ash as a locator for finding my driveway - hope I can find my way home tomorrow!

No comments: