Saturday, December 18, 2010

Liz

When I was taking pictures of the diary owners, they asked to have a picture of them taken next to Liz. She's a very friendly cow and, sure enough, I got a picture of the owners w/ Liz reaching over to see if she could get a pat. Liz is in Group 2 - the problem cows. She lets down her milk so slowly, the milking machine thinks she is done and automatically comes off early. To remedy that situation, I put Liz's milker on manual, meaning it won't come off until I press a button. Not a big issue but one extra thing I need to watch for. Reminds me that Indy (the cow) is leaving the hospital group - where it was fairly easy to keep out of her way - and going back into Group 2 on Monday. The reason Indy is in Group 2? Might be her homicidal tendencies.

No comments: