Friday, November 12, 2010

Sunset lit clouds

My car has clocked in well over 100,000 miles. It's got little things going wrong. The driver's door won't lock using the fob. The arm console doesn't slide forward anymore. Every so often the car drops out of cruise - I had that one checked out and it doesn't appear to be a desperate problem, just a glitch I would need to go to a dealership to fix. I've hit three deer and been run into by a bear. I would like to be able to drive this car until the alternate fuel cars are available. The new electric cars I've seen are good for 100 miles on a charge. That's under ideal conditions and the northwoods isn't an ideal condition type of place. There is nothing in place around here for fuel cell refueling. Solar power is only used for specialty cars in challenge races. I'm guessing that only leaves hybrids. Of course, I'd drop all of these "green" considerations for a nice used cherry red Corvette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, This picture is absolutely gorgeous! I find it interesting too that my key fob has quit working. When I tried replacing the batteries in both of them, I can unlock the doors but not lock them which is irritating. Oh well. Carolyn