Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Colorful Twilight

Well, I'm at the same spot I've been every year since I've been the clerk. I need one last number (school tax levy credit) from the state's Department of Revenue (DOR) to complete the tax mill rate calculation. All of the clerks are waiting for it. As soon as we get it, we plug it into our calculations, race over to the county treasurer's office, turn in our paperwork, and sign in. Tax bills are printed off in the order we sign in - the earlier you sign in, the earlier you get your municipalities tax bills. The state is endeavoring to go paperless so sent an e-mail two days ago stating they would try to send us the amount in an e-mail today. I doubted they would be able to do it. They don't seem to be doing that great w/ going paperless - sent us the Statement of Assessment form via e-mail 4 times and finally mailed a paper copy. I stayed close to the computer all afternoon, though, just in case. Treasurer's office is now closed so even if the DOR does send it, won't be able to turn it in until Monday. Guess I'll go start Thanksgiving dinner prep.

No comments: