Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Path into the Woods

During Macbeth on Wednesday night, my sewer alarm went off. Since I had just had the tank pumped a month ago, I figured something was wrong. Called my plumber and he was working on a new building site where "the plumbing had to be done before the rest of the construction could continue." Fortunately, he's one of my neighbors and continued, "But I can come out first thing Sunday morning". So just after sunrise, there he was, thermos cup of coffee in hand. The pump (that I feared had burnt out) was fine, the filter was fine, the water was getting to the mound. However, the pipes in the mound were dry. Something was plugging them. He said he would come out on Monday afternoon and send a snake through to see what was going on. I have a new found respect for plumbers. Sure they're expensive - but they are extremely busy, work in places I wouldn't want to go, and can drink a cup of coffee while they are doing it.

No comments: