Monday, October 04, 2010

Indigo Bunting

My cousin and her husband were bemoaning the fact that they were getting older. "Where are the Golden Years?" she said, "I haven't seen them yet!" I wasn't sure what constituted the "golden years" so, of course, I googled it. There were two answers - over 60 years of age or retired. Well I haven't reached the 60 year mark yet but I am officially retired from Honeywell so this must be my golden years. If so, they aren't too bad. Oh sure, they are covered every morning w/ manure and urine and in the afternoon w/ scum and muck from the swamps but all of that washs off. There is always something in each day that makes me laugh out loud. That's pretty golden, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that must mean I am double golden - Over 60 and retired. So far they are not too bad.

Flip