Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fillet of a fenny snake; in the cauldron boil and bake

This little garter snake could actually be referred to as a fenny snake. "Fenny" means "from the bog" and that's where I took this picture. Shakespeare's ingredients in the witch's concoction might not have been as gruesome as they sound. "Fillet of fenny snake" could be the fruit of the arum known as "snake's meat". "Eye of newt" might be any 'eye' flowers such as daisies. "Adder's fork" is a type of fern. But on a day like today - blustery, overcast, and raining - I can almost see those black clad figures hunched over a cauldron out in the field ... and if I was stirring up a pot of evil, I wouldn't be using daisies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate snakes but this is a cool picture and it has it's eye on you!

cjb

Anonymous said...

You actually put a new spin using a topic thats been written about for many years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent! android 21 lab coat