Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Color

Nothing on TV this afternoon. The network has started airing "The Real Housewives of ...". I'm not sure the purpose of the show except to make us all feel superior to the dregs of humanity that are featured. Instead, I got out my old favorite movies for this time of year - "Arsenic and Old Lace", "Hocus Pocus", and "Betelgeuse". If they don't give you the Halloween spirit (so to speak), you aren't trying. Just for a change of pace, I think over the weekend I'll go w/ scary movies and watch "Alien", "Aliens", and "Predator". Do you have any favorite movies to watch around Halloween?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fargo

Shelby said...

I agree with Hocus Pocus. Also, Sleepy Hollow, Practical Magic, Dracula, The Craft, Thirteen Ghosts, Van Helsing, Witches of Eastwick, any haunted house movie and any Harry Potter movie.

Rachel said...

What?! No Its the great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? Linus waiting for the great pumpkin all night...I think thats where I got my desire to grow giant pumpkins (once I get a farmette). Personally, Dracula the movie is too scary for me, but I'm considering seeing the play at a local theater.

Anonymous said...

The Shining. The original with Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duval.

DB

Anonymous said...

Watching 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' is a must when putting out the Halloween decorations!

Rebecca