Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Color

Someone requested a fire-sign for their new home in the township. The Board told me to order one for them. However, I also know that the sheriff recently set a new standard for all fire-signs in the county and we will have to charge home owners for changing their current signs to the new standard. Since I was at the county seat today, I stopped by the Law Enforcement Center and asked for a write-up of the standard. The sheriff (who is up for reelection) came out of his office to shake my hand and said he didn't have a copy of the standard but we should check w/ the county clerk. So I followed him over to the county clerk's office. She didn't have a copy but suggested that Zoning might have it. So we traipsed over to Zoning. No, they didn't have a copy of it. We stopped by the office of the committee chairman who had forged the standard. No, he didn't have it either. The Sheriff took my e-mail address and said he would send it to me. I'll give him 5 days - then I'll start pushing for it hard. If he doesn't get reelected, I'll have to start all over again w/ the new guy.

No comments: