Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Color

I may not be a good cook but I do enjoy looking through recipes from time to time. My friend, Nancy, passes on her Martha Stewart Living magazines to me which always have some delicious looking dishes. I like to peruse these the best since I'll never be tempted to try and make any of them. Martha's TV show makes it look like she lives in rural America but it can't be as rural as here. Her Almond Nougat recipe calls for edible rice paper, Glaceed Figs needs Black Mission figs, White Crudites requires creme fraiche, white asparagus, and cucumber spears, and a Princess Cake ingredient list includes toasted almond flour. I don't remember ever seeing any of those things at the grocery store. Maybe they were just behind the butter, sugar, and milk somewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sugar maple? Carolyn

Rachel said...

I asked my library to hold the Martha Stewart magazines from the year before last for me. They were happy to have someone to give them to.

Anonymous said...

I have a subscription to Martha Stewart Living magazine! I love looking through them as well but rarely have the patience to try any recipes.

Rebecca