Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bald Eagle

I still didn't have a Census Form. Sent an e-mail to my state senator and a staffer called back and verified it's because I get my mail at a P.O. Box. (No one has given me a satisfactory answer to what difference that makes.) She had been checking around but didn't know where I could get a census form. Fortunately, my brother-in-law works for the Census Bureau and he suggested trying the local village hall. I went there on Friday and, yes indeed, there was a booth for the Census Bureau. However, it's only manned Tuesday thru Thursday. So I made another trip today. The person manning the booth seemed surprised that someone hadn't dropped off a form at my house. I told her not only had no one visited my house but that I'm the town clerk and I had someone in the township call me to find out why they hadn't received a form. So she gave me a form and, when I asked for another form for my constituent, she said she wasn't suppose to give forms out to third parties but since I was the town clerk she was sure it would be OK. There are a few perks to this job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How majestic is this?! What a great picture!
Rebecca