Thursday, February 25, 2010

Orchid

The county seat needs to drill another well. At the city board meeting an audience member suggested that the city board first look at a study done in 1959 of potential well sites before paying a firm to do the research on a new location. The city said they can't find the 1959 study and after 50 years they doubted how much use it would be. Reminded me of when I was building my home. I knew there had been a house in this field in my grandparents time but there exists no trace of it now. Uncle Walter sent me a drawing describing how many fence posts from the corner and how far into the field to go in order to find the well from that old place. Since the field had been plowed for years, the well head would probably be at least 6 feet below the surface. While I appreciated the info, decided to forgo looking for it. Somethings, I decided, are best left buried.

No comments: