Friday, March 23, 2018

Looking for salt

I filled in on the morning shift at the library.  Wednesday the librarian let me know she had also scheduled two newer volunteers who weren't quite comfortable working on their own yet.  I wondered if volunteers would outnumber visitors.  Jim and Cory were already on-site when I arrived.  Jim had picked up the books from the book drop and was ready to start on the just-delivered courier boxes. Cory was looking over a list of tasks the librarian had left for him.  I popped open the top of my latte and sat back.   Jim is around my age so after the courier boxes were dealt w/, StoryTime for Toddlers was finished, and the invasion of a fifth grade class ebbed, he and I started swapping stories about 'olden' days.  Cory went to work on building a list of 'New Books Arriving in March'.  We all brainstormed on where and how we should display the new book list and came up w/ a rather out-of-the-box idea.  The four hour shift went quickly.   Volunteering should always be this much fun.

No comments: