Wednesday, November 22, 2017

It's going to be a White Thanksgiving

No Coffee and Conversation at the library this morning.  Too many were out of town or had company for the holiday.  I took the opportunity to finally clean my 'to-go' table.  Everyone probably has one.  It's where you put things that have to go somewhere else outside of the house.  It's usually located near the door so you are more likely to notice it just before you leave.   Mine still had some empty egg cartons.  I bought eggs from the owner of Maple Hill farm who had a spot at the farmers market in town this summer.  Figured they worked w/ a small profit margin so I would return the cartons w/ their logo on them when I picked up the next dozen.  He said he also sold produce at the farm.   Thought I would find it, leave the cartons, and decide if I wanted to buy my eggs from there this winter too.  Was a fun outing and the little store at the farm was packed w/ all sorts of  other things.  I could even watch the chickens pecking around by the barn.  If no one is around they have a lock box to put money in.  I'll be coming back weekly.

No comments: