Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving table setting

I'm not into turkey - neither eating it nor sticking my arm in its carcass.  Today's menu therefore consisted of spiked cranberry juice, a green tossed salad w/ dried cranberries and frosted walnuts, crusty French bread, mashed potatoes, peas, and Filet mignon.  The kittens were excited as I started prepping.  They wanted to be on the counter watching, or better yet tasting, everything I was doing.  The squirt gun wasn't doing a very good job of keeping them at bay.  I grabbed Dunder when he jumped up for the umpteenth time and put him under the faucet in the sink.  He was not happy.  Did the same when Blitzen jumped up.  While it did put a bit of a damper on their activities, it didn't completely stop them.  I had to do it twice more to Blitzen and five more times to Dunder.  Fairly sure this morning's activities have completely erased all of the work I've put into teaching them their names - they both think they are called 'No'. However, when it came time to sit down to the actual meal, the kittens were no where to be seen.  I went looking for them and found them curled up fast asleep on a blanket on the pew.  Added another 'Thank you' in my prayer.

1 comment:

The Sandbar said...

Dan says - you did not hold them under the water long enough!

cjb